Job Description: Pediatric Medical Biller
Pediatric Medical Biller
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and bill current claims within timely filing limits.
- Analyze records to code all appropriate International Classification of Disease (ICD 9/10) and/or Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding for billing of insurance carriers.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of insurance filing and relationship to ICD 9/10 and CPT coding conventions.
- Review medical record documentation to identify all services provided by physicians.
- Post both insurance and patient payments.
- Research charge processing and coding issues; review classification situations to determine the most appropriate codes.
- Enter/Correct patient demographics.
- Work accounts in a timely and accurate manner, performing quality assurance for charges.
- Respond to patient inquiries.
- Follow up on open claims
- Heavy patient call volume
- Knowledge of insurance carriers, such as Medicaid HMO’s and Commerical carriers
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, you must have a minimum of 3-5 years prior experience with coding and billing. HS diploma required. Experience with pediatric billing is ideal. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have completed their certification in billing and or/coding.
Back to Careers